Follow PSN Trophy Leaders  Twitter  Facebook
Like what you see? Why not 
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is considered cheating?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so you mean if i get someone else's save data and use it to get all the trophies (motorstorm apocalypse ) in the game within few minutes,it wont be called cheating ?!?

Comment

Originally posted by leonneel View Post
      so you mean if i get someone else's save data and use it to get all the trophies (motorstorm apocalypse ) in the game within few minutes,it wont be called cheating ?!?
      You've misinterpreted Hakoom's & Roughdawg4's posts.Using someone else's/another psn id's save data will most definetely get you flagged for inaccurate data.

What you are seeing here with this particular user is whats called Ps3 to Ps4 Auto Pops/Insta Trophies. It is very similar to the Ps3 to Vita & vice versa cloud save auto pops. If you've earned these trophies on one system, when you transfer your own id's stats or cloud save to the other, they will auto pop on the second system without having to complete the requirements a second time. This only works on about 8 or 9 ps3/vita games,(such as Sly Cooper Thieves in time, Soundshapes) and as far as im aware, two ps3-ps4 games. (Again, Soundshapes and Battlefield 4)and it is Ps3 to Ps4 only in this case.

For this user and the mp trophies in question, he/she earned the mp trophies in Bf4 on their Ps3 system between November 2nd, 2013 and Nov 16th, 2013. On December 4th, 2013 the user started Bf4 mp on Ps4 with his/her id, transfering their stats over from Ps3 version to Ps4 version, thus causing the mp trophies to auto pop. In this case, it is not considered cheating.

Friendly reminder: if you care about your id and whether or not you have leaderboard rankings/inaccurate data flag, i advise you to not use a friends save data to pop off your trophies. You will eventually be flagged for that, especially in Moto Apoc.

Comment

iam not sure about that
        but when i played BF4 on ps4 it asked me if i want to transfer my data bla bla which was a 1 time thing only...
        so you cant do it more than once
        and once i did the mp trophies poped after playing 1 game
        http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/vie...tlefield-4-ps4

Originally posted by leonneel View Post
        no..
        seems you are abit new to the trophy thing

some games share the same save file between ps/vita
        so if for example you earn a trophy on the vita.. you can cloud sync that ( in game cloud sync) not ps+ cloud transfer.. you can then earn the trophy on the vita ps3 or ps4.. sound shapes is an example of that...

jt explained it in more details and i hope it helps you understand
        Last edited by Hakoom; 02-07-2014, 08:38 AM.

Facebook - Youtube - My Site

Comment

flagged already lol

Comment

how do i contact someone in charge to see why i have inaccurate data? preferably a private message so i dont gotta hunt down this page to check it?

Comment

• skippycue
              skippycue commented
              Editing a comment
              You will need to use the contact us tab on the right side of the site and submit an inquiry.

i have 3 times and its been over a week and no word on it no emails nothen

Comment

i have a question : if some one hides a hacked trophy list before it is updated to the site will he be flagged for it ?
              thanx...

Comment

• skippycue
                skippycue commented
                Editing a comment
                We have no way to know about these games if they hide them prior to being added to the site. However, users with hidden games are only allowed to participate on the main leaderboard.

Hi , is the yellow "hidden trophies" flag under My avatar considered I'm cheating?!

what if I did a mistake and cheat in a game years ago but hide the game ?! , is it considered as cheating ??
              Last edited by Kamal; 07-08-2018, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Hiding games is a supported feature of Playstation and is not considered cheating. However, it will exclude you from all but the standard leaderboard.

Comment

• Good , so no flag for old mistakes as long as I'm hiding the game...
                  thank you skippycue for replying

Comment

• My account is flagged now wahat Shorty_4_44

Comment

• Hello my account was recently hacked and modded one game is there any way to fix my data i got to be with this thing on my profile .

Comment

• skippycue
                        skippycue commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Unfortunately not. I wish Sony would do something to fix these types of problems.

• Earning ps4 trophies while on WEED AND BEING HIGH is cheating??....please answer

Comment

• I have a general question. Is there any posibillity to detect a modded or hacked trophy with a changed time stamp? I need any difference between a legit earned trophy and a hacked one. I play for trophys but i lost the fun, when i know that it is possible to easily hack them. I would be happy, if someone could help me out. ????????

Comment

• skippycue
                          skippycue commented
                          Editing a comment
                          We are able to detect if a trophy's timestamp was changed, but sometimes this is not a sign of cheating. Sony will automatically change a timestamp to the earliest time a trophy was earned if it was earned on multiple consoles for example. Don't worry though, we have a lot of ways we detect cheating so the leaderboards should be pretty clean. If you discover a cheater please report it using the Contact Us tab on the right side of the site.
                      Working...
                      X
                      <
                      Contact Us
                      x