Follow PSN Trophy Leaders  Twitter  Facebook
Like what you see? Why not 
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is considered cheating?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To keep the leaderboards free of hackers , i think you will have to start flagging people without definitive proof . Many i have seen can manipulate the timestamps patiently so they appear legit . Its just the fact that they get so many platinums so fast that we know they are cheating . Ive seen guys whose timestamps looks fine ... but they are racking up 10 to 15 plats a day . so there is no 'proof' but we still know they cheat . So even without proof these need to be banned ( the ones i seen already are on this site )

Comment

Originally posted by liverpool12zzz View Post
      To keep the leaderboards free of hackers , i think you will have to start flagging people without definitive proof . Many i have seen can manipulate the timestamps patiently so they appear legit . Its just the fact that they get so many platinums so fast that we know they are cheating . Ive seen guys whose timestamps looks fine ... but they are racking up 10 to 15 plats a day . so there is no 'proof' but we still know they cheat . So even without proof these need to be banned ( the ones i seen already are on this site )
      I've already started loosening up the flagging requirements, but it becomes much more of a manual process unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakoom View Post
        its a threat to business

those trophy hacks arent just regular usb save hacks where you are still buying the game...
        those hacks are jailbreak hacks meaning you download the game for free install it on ps3 and just pop trophies with a software that comes with the moded unit

in other words game piracy
        but sony has garbage customer service.. so its hard to report these users.. try sending an email to customer support and look at the funny reply you get..
        microsoft bans on the spot

If you really want them to start cracking down on cheaters, then you must be persuasive in your email. And instead of just sending a single email to them, send them AT least 10 replies back. Then they'll see WE are serious when we want the hackers banned from ps3 totally. One email is just never enough. Like the saying goes: "Two heads are better than one". So, pretend the email's are heads, and send at least two emails.

What is their email username anyway? I'll help you guys with this cheating problem.
        Hey folks, wanna see which of my which games I've platinumed? Well then, click here: http://psntrophyleaders.com/forums/f...um-trophy-hunt

Comment

Originally posted by Mentornitar View Post
          If you really want them to start cracking down on cheaters, then you must be persuasive in your email. And instead of just sending a single email to them, send them AT least 10 replies back. Then they'll see WE are serious when we want the hackers banned from ps3 totally. One email is just never enough. Like the saying goes: "Two heads are better than one". So, pretend the email's are heads, and send at least two emails.

What is their email username anyway? I'll help you guys with this cheating problem.
          Ha, ever heard of spam filters? Sony won't care unless it profits them, they could give two craps about their trophy customers... we are the minority.

Comment

i sent an email and replied to the replier over 4 times... but no use.. you get a formal reply..
            here let me show you an example of how much of a noob sony customer service are..
            i ask for "hack report"
            sony reply:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting PlayStation® Technical Support. My name is (deleted), and I will be assisting you today. I regret you have had a negative experience, and regret that we are unable to keep such occurrences from happening. I can definitely assist you with reporting this user in order to maintain a friendly environment on the Sony Entertainment Network (SEN).

As my department handles technical support for the console itself, unfortunately I am unable to file the report for you. The department which handles our online environment can be reached by following the link,http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/...tail/a_id/2299.

Once you have submitted the user at the complaint form, we will be able to investigate the user to further assist you and will take the appropriate actions. Also, if it is ever in a specific game, I recommend contacting the game publisher as well to report the user on that game server. Third party titles are played on the publishers servers, which unfortunately, we do not have access to. They do connect through the SEN, but ultimately are ran on their servers.

Also, if he has sent you a message, you can report the User this way as well, by pressing Triangle on the message and sending a Grief Report. Once you have reported any messages, we will be able to investigate the user to further assist you. We do take these matters very seriously and we are looking forward to investigating this for you.

I assure you once this is reported to the proper department, we will fully investigate and take any and all appropriate actions so you may continue enjoying your system. Thank you so much for your time and for giving me this opportunity to help you today

Additionally, if you are using a SEN account for a region other than the one you are located in we do recommend you cease use of the account. Creating a SEN account with false information is against the SEN Terms of Service. Violating the Terms of Service can result in punishment up to and including permanent ban of the account and associated PlayStation® console..
            i got happy.. i followed the link and got sent to some trashy report system where you insert 1 psn id and select the game he cheated on and submit.. no coment box or explanation can be done... so its useless..
            i ask them again.. can you connect me to the hack department?

again..

Hello,

Thank you for your response. My name is (deleted), and I will be assisting you with reporting users for cheating. I apologize for the frustration these users have caused due to cheating.

Unfortunately, the only way to contact the correct department is to go through the link:http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/...tail/a_id/2299 , and I am unable to file this report for you. As an avid gamer and trophy collector, I can assure you we take these matters very seriously, and that is why the department that handles these situations must research the situation very thoroughly.

You can definitely select "Report Cheat and Behavior" as an option, since this situation does fall under cheating. As long as you code the report as best as you can, and explain in the message exactly what is happening, the department will be able to research the issue for you.

Thank you for contacting PlayStation®Support today. You may receive a brief email survey. Please feel free to answer some questions regarding your email experience with us today.
            again..

Hello Hakoom,

Thank you for your response. My name is (deleted) and I will be further assisting you with reporting these users.

Please be aware that when you sign in to the PlayStation®Network, you are under SCEA servers, however, when you play with any online game, you are then transferred to that game publisher's server, and are bound by their regulations. At this time, we have no way to track or monitor actions on their servers, as each publisher has their own online moderators to track these incidents.

I recommend contacting the game publisher as they have a way to report people exploiting the environment, being abusive, or cheating. The link provided will give you the information on how to report any player.http://support.activision.com/articl...layer-In-Game/.

As much as we would like to address all of your questions, there are certain topics that are simply out of scope for this department within SCEA. You have reached the Consumer Services Department within SCEA, and we are only able to handle all general inquiries for our PlayStation® family of products, warranty and repair information, installation and troubleshooting, general corporate business inquiries, and third party software referrals, just to name a few.

I would like to thank you so much for your time and patience while I answered your questions today.
            again..

Hello,

Thank you for your response. My name is (deleted), I am more than happy to further assist you today in regards to reporting users.

Again, the only way to contact the correct department is to go through the link:http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/...tail/a_id/2299 , as we are not unable to file this report for you, forward your complaint, or direct you to any other department. You can select "Report Cheating" as an option, since this situation does fall under cheating. As long as you code the report as best as you can, the department will be able to research the issue for you.

To avoid any confusion, I have provided a path below for you;

• Follow the link above >> Select "Click Here" to report suspicious user >> Sign into your SEN account >> Enter your SEN account information, and the Online ID of the one of the Users you wish to report

• Then, Choose the tab that says "Cheating" >> Select one of the game titles that you have noticed the this activity happening on

If the alleged users are in fact using unauthorized software, and a modified PS3™, this will be investigated. No further comments are necessary. This department investigates, and researches all aspects of the account.

We are aware of what the term 'Jailbreak' is. Again, this case can be reported using the "Report Cheat and Behavior" option on the website provided above. In addition, we recommend contacting the publisher of the games as well to ensure the alleged users are reported here as well. Any activity regarding trophies, is in-game. This means, there is cheating/abuse happening in-game as well. This requires the publishers attention.

I am sorry we are not able to offer a better solution, or forward your complaint per your request. Rest assured, once you have reported to the proper department, we will fully investigate and take any and all appropriate actions necessary.

Thank you for your time and understanding in this matter. Have a great day.

see where this is going.. no help at all unless we get the correct department that runs the scea servers..

Facebook - Youtube - My Site

Comment

I have to say Hakoom, those emails make me think that Sony DOES care about cheating after all! So when you submit cheaters using the link they gave you, nothing happens??

Comment

lol skippy why dont u try it? ;p
                and give me your feedback on the "links"

Comment

lol skippy why dont u try it? ;p
                  and give me your feedback on the "links"
                  Have you tried it?

Comment

i did and they are uselsss
                    give it a try and see

Comment

i did and they are uselsss
                      give it a try and see

Maybe they thought you only wanted to report a user.

In your email, try not to show the word "report". I know this is a fake quote, but this is what i would say:

Dear Sony,

Other users, including myself, have been feeling offended that other Psn users hack or cheat through video games, where we are stuck trying. For example, i saw lots of users hack 'gta4' so they have infinite health online. No matter what i did, i shoot them, they do not die. Yet if they shoot me, i lose health and die. <--- Is that fair? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

If you decide to reply back to this email, i'm not here for reporting, i am here to help you guys care about the so called cheaters who act like big shots about something, when they're just noobs who sucks at the game! So, DO NOT send me those lame user replies and that link. My friend 'Hakoom' tried it, and it didn't seemed to work for him. No comments, or no 'reason for this report' thing, which is very important to have in reporting a user.

Oh, and in case if your waiting to ask me the sort of question "Do you have more than 1 PSN account?", i would like to say yes. I made them as back ups, in case my original account got hacked by some noob who's jealous of the amount of trophies i have. I believe every user should take precaution and have AT least two PSN accounts. Their main one, and a back up in case of someone hacking the account. It's my "learn to think and not be stupid" rule. I barely go on the other two accounts, only my main, so don't do anything to them if you find them. I have a feeling that if i get hacked, i won't be able to log into my main account and use it anymore. (people do that crap)

Now, reply back to this email, and we'll talk like gentleman and try to get the problems of cheating solved. See you whenever i read your reply.

-Mentornitar

See, you have to give details, and persuade them to actually take cheating seriously. My email is a very persuasive email, cause i added details, and it seems very persuasive. Don't just tell Sony "Sony, i want these hackers punished, deal with them", because that isn't persuasive. They would read that, and brush it off, act like it never existed.

Try to use my "Learn to be smart, not stupid" rule. It'll AT least help you (and us) get this problem solved.
                      Hey folks, wanna see which of my which games I've platinumed? Well then, click here: http://psntrophyleaders.com/forums/f...um-trophy-hunt

Comment

Originally posted by Mentornitar View Post
                        Maybe they thought you only wanted to report a user.

In your email, try not to show the word "report". I know this is a fake quote, but this is what i would say:

See, you have to give details, and persuade them to actually take cheating seriously. My email is a very persuasive email, cause i added details, and it seems very persuasive. Don't just tell Sony "Sony, i want these hackers punished, deal with them", because that isn't persuasive. They would read that, and brush it off, act like it never existed.

Try to use my "Learn to be smart, not stupid" rule. It'll AT least help you (and us) get this problem solved.
                        try sending an email then and see what you get..
                        i bet u 10$ you wil get the same reply

Comment

try sending an email then and see what you get..
                          i bet u 10$ you wil get the same reply

If i do, then i'll just keep emailing them till they go "This guy just won't leave us alone. Either we do something already, or hear more stuff from this guy", then i know they're finally getting down on the cheaters.

Comment

Call me a pessimist but I don't think Sony is ever going to do something unless they think they're losing significant sales from it. These people might be pirating a lot of games but Sony knows that stopping them from pirating won't lead to an equal number of sales. Sony will crack down on a few people here and there, ringleaders if possible, just so people have it in mind that it could happen to them. Its just not worthwhile for Sony to put a lot of resources into going after every one of them though.

Comment

banning takes 5 mins ;x

jailbreak= ban easy to find them.. they are clear

in 1 hours only you can ban the entire gang

in the end this process takes 1 day of investigation..

but the question is.. why microsoft bans them? and sony doesnt

Comment

Because Sony doesn't care about trophies. Remember, Microsoft had achievements to start and Sony reacted to Microsoft by placing trophies in game. They don't care about them, they only care they have what Microsoft has, nothing less. As you said before its about the dollars.

Honestly, I never expected Sony to do anything up to this point. With the new JB software though, the system is broken. The fact you can hack trophies to games you don't even have is just messed up. If Sony doesn't do anything soon then we can expect this to be the way it is. Someone told me the JB software is so good, they can actually unban themselves if Sony blocks their ID. If Sony starts caring I will die of shock.

One thing that keeps crossing my mind though is one of these days someone is going to figure out how to hack the PSN Store and download things for free. Maybe its not possible, but they have already done so many things that I never thought was possible

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                <
                                Contact Us
                                x