Follow PSN Trophy Leaders  Twitter  Facebook
Like what you see? Why not 
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is considered cheating?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see what your saying chomp, and can agree to a point. Yeah, trophies don't get ya anything (cant you get stuff with Xbox achievments though?) useful & yeah most people never heard of those guys at the top, but for sure, they are a sort of bragging rights for those of us who earn them legit. And it sucks to bust your butt to accomplish things that the hackers just push a button or whatever to bump up their trophy list. It waters down the stats, & you lose the comparison with other legit players to see what you've accomplished & what they haven't & the actual difficulty of some of these achievements.

And it makes me wonder why people hack trophies in the first place, since there is no reward system in effect anyway.

Comment

I'll just leave this here.

And yes, I have heard that you can get rewards for Xbox achievements. I think it's just avatars and such though.

And sure, I understand the pride of earning my trophies. Personal accomplishment and all that. But I just don't have any concern for the watering down of a global leaderboard. If I'm comparing my trophies to anyone, it's people I know. Not hundreds of thousands of random strangers.

I might as well compare my jumping ability to the whole world, including all the past world/national/regional/etc record holders. Steroid users or not, there's still a massive pile of complete strangers who would put me to shame if I ever met them. But I haven't met them, so their accomplishments over and above my own, achieved honestly or by cheating, don't matter to me.

When trophies start uplifting my mood in day to day life, and my self-worth is determined by my leaderboard standings, then I'll start caring about cheaters literally bringing me down.

If trophies are doing that for you already, then... well I guess that's your cross to bear.

Getting upset that people are popping a ton of trophies for nothing is along similar lines as getting upset about people who use cheat codes in games or play on easy mode. Hey, sometimes I like to cruise through a game with zero difficulty just for fun. I used a game genie, a gameshark and in-game cheats all the time (not literally ALL the time) in NES, SNES, PS1 and PS2 days.

I still would today on my PS3, but I won't sully my PS3 account by using hacks or anything. I also accept the fact that I won't earn trophies while I use in-game cheat codes in newer games. No trophies while I'm on easymode? Fine by me. Times like that, I'm not looking for trophies, just a good time. I'm not gonna let somebody else's negative feelings of me playing on easymode take away from my enjoyment of a game. Because in the end that's all that matters to me.

That all being said, popping a game 100% without ever playing it is pretty dumb. Not from a "you're corrupting the boards" sense, but just... you're supposed to at least PLAY games.
      Last edited by chompison; 01-30-2013, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Let's not judge people who get high from earning difficult trophies chomp... especially since I'm one of them. It is not a "cross to bear" as you so gently put it, it's simply about feeling great for accomplishing something challenging, like any other challenges in life. And it's not about the leaderboards, it's about feeling great to earn a prestige trophy. But when cheaters come around and that trophy suddenly becomes ultra rare instead of prestige, we have a right to get upset (without being tagged as losers who care too much about trophies). I obsess the same amount with all aspects of challenges in my life, including my new son.

Comment

i wonder why microsoft bans them on the spot?
          why cant sony just do the same?
          keep in mind xbox is 500% more versatile when it comes to hacking.. they even have ther own servers and its much more destroyed than the ps3 when it comes to hacking... but micsrosft bans them..

i tried emailing sony and gave them some names wich clearly use jailbreak and even have trophies in april 2013..
          i got a uselss reply to report them using the cheater form wich you can only enter 1 name and 1 game without any comment.. ~_~
          try contacting sony support.. they are useless

with your site database maybe you know the correct person to email skippy? and explain to them
          just need a valid email that can reach out to the correct department..

Facebook - Youtube - My Site

Comment

Originally posted by Hakoom View Post
            i wonder why microsoft bans them on the spot?
            why cant sony just do the same?
            keep in mind xbox is 500% more versatile when it comes to hacking.. they even have ther own servers and its much more destroyed than the ps3 when it comes to hacking... but micsrosft bans them..

i tried emailing sony and gave them some names wich clearly use jailbreak and even have trophies in april 2013..
            i got a uselss reply to report them using the cheater form wich you can only enter 1 name and 1 game without any comment.. ~_~
            try contacting sony support.. they are useless

with your site database maybe you know the correct person to email skippy? and explain to them
            just need a valid email that can reach out to the correct department..
            I wish I did have someone to contact about the matter... The fact is, I've had no better experience than you with this matter. A while back there were reports that Sony was going to start banning psn ids, but to my knowledge this has yet to happen. I think the reason xbox bans people is because you can buy stuff with your achievement points. If Sony implements a similar system, they will have to ban cheaters as well. Let's hope Sony heads in that direction!

Comment

I must be lucky (with gaming :P) because I've never after 3,500+ trophies ever not had a trophy unlock at the time it should do. Never had to mess around with save files, synchronizing or replaying. The only trophy that has not unlocked for me is Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic in Grand Theft Auto 4; even though I met all requirements, several times over.

Comment

Originally posted by daxterstarsriba View Post
                I must be lucky (with gaming :P) because I've never after 3,500+ trophies ever not had a trophy unlock at the time it should do. Never had to mess around with save files, synchronizing or replaying. The only trophy that has not unlocked for me is Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic in Grand Theft Auto 4; even though I met all requirements, several times over.
                Same for me.

Comment

There is a new Software out for the jailbreaked PS3 where u can hack Trophies easily and change the Date and all stuff.

It seems this Program has 1 lag which makes it easy for us to see who is using this sort of Hack.

All their Platinums are earned at the exact time "12:59:58" they just changing the Date.

Biggest example for it is the User "Pockidrive"

When you check his Platinums earned Time you will see on every Time Stamp "12:59:58".

Same with the 1st archievers in Dead Space 3:

- MysticxDragon
                  - MOSEFAH
                  http://psntrophyleaders.com/game/vie...-space-3-ps3/1

All their Plats earned at "12:59:58"

So this makes us able to catch those Users who using the new sort of Hack.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakoom View Post
                    There is a new Software out for the jailbreaked PS3 where u can hack Trophies easily and change the Date and all stuff.

It seems this Program has 1 lag which makes it easy for us to see who is using this sort of Hack.

All their Platinums are earned at the exact time "12:59:58" they just changing the Date.

Biggest example for it is the User "Pockidrive"

When you check his Platinums earned Time you will see on every Time Stamp "12:59:58".

Same with the 1st archievers in Dead Space 3:

- MysticxDragon
                    - MOSEFAH
                    http://psntrophyleaders.com/game/vie...-space-3-ps3/1

All their Plats earned at "12:59:58"

So this makes us able to catch those Users who using the new sort of Hack.
                    Thanks for the report Hakoom. I actually already wrote a script that looks for that timestamp and flags users with more than 1 platinum at that time. I only ran the script once though, looks like I'll need to run it periodically.

EDIT: I just found another common cheating pattern, but I'm not going to reveal what it is so that cheaters can just avoid it in the future, lol. The truth is, it's nearly impossible to have an automated program give appropriate trophy dates for any given game. In order to really mimic valid trophy stamps, someone would have to manually adjust EVERY trophy date for each game individually. I doubt most cheaters are THIS ambitious, or they would simply earn the trophies legit, lol.

Comment

That's not the only time....I've seen the multi-trophy pop cheat at 5:59:58....I've seen the time you've seen also Hakoom....and there was another one I can't remember. Some of them are trying to be slick, Ive noticed a certain pattern also...it may be the same one skip sees, may be a different one. But its obvious to legit earners....

Comment

See this way, those who are hacking this way, still hack without it, so they kinda don't care.
                        What Hakoom said is right but maybe the default platinum time is that one and they don't care and don't change.
                        It kinda ruins for those who are legit but well, we can't do anything, and sony will never do it.

Comment

yes i have other people monitoring those users on ther websites too and checking everything they do..
                          will report any thing i see about them and close all doors on them
                          but slowly the trophy system is crumbling with all these advanced hacks.. sony realy needs to move on them
                          only sony can detect these users even with modified time stamps because ther ps3s are moded
                          sadly its turning realy bad and slowly know one would know whos legit and whos not and it makes us legit users look bad too now ;x

anyways good job on everything

Comment

I seen some people with trophies in may of this year (was on other sites though)Obviously not hacks

Comment

Originally posted by skippycue View Post
                              I wish I did have someone to contact about the matter... The fact is, I've had no better experience than you with this matter. A while back there were reports that Sony was going to start banning psn ids, but to my knowledge this has yet to happen. I think the reason xbox bans people is because you can buy stuff with your achievement points. If Sony implements a similar system, they will have to ban cheaters as well. Let's hope Sony heads in that direction!
                              This is always the answer and always will be. Both Sony and Microsoft have very highly paid executives whose sole task is to push for maximum profitability. So unless Sony starts seeing trophy hacks as a threat to the bottom line they probably won't be motivated to do anything about them.

Originally posted by skippycue View Post
                              The truth is, it's nearly impossible to have an automated program give appropriate trophy dates for any given game. In order to really mimic valid trophy stamps, someone would have to manually adjust EVERY trophy date for each game individually. I doubt most cheaters are THIS ambitious, or they would simply earn the trophies legit, lol.
                              Its going to be tough to stay ahead of them. The problem is that it only takes one smart hacker to figure out a clever way to edit the timestamps that everyone else can follow. I wish you luck for the sake of the leaderboards.

Comment

Originally posted by ER777 View Post
                                This is always the answer and always will be. Both Sony and Microsoft have very highly paid executives whose sole task is to push for maximum profitability. So unless Sony starts seeing trophy hacks as a threat to the bottom line they probably won't be motivated to do anything about them.

its a threat to business

those trophy hacks arent just regular usb save hacks where you are still buying the game...
                                those hacks are jailbreak hacks meaning you download the game for free install it on ps3 and just pop trophies with a software that comes with the moded unit

in other words game piracy
                                but sony has garbage customer service.. so its hard to report these users.. try sending an email to customer support and look at the funny reply you get..
                                microsoft bans on the spot

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                <
                                Contact Us
                                x