Follow PSN Trophy Leaders  Twitter  Facebook
Like what you see? Why not 
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is considered cheating?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed he will be flagged. It's always good to leave an email when you report cheaters so I can respond. I'm currently reworking my backend for flagging cheaters, so there is a bit of a delay. You can be assured he will be flagged though. If you feel ignored when you submit things, please contact me with an email so I can respond. I always write back.

Comment

If I get a platnium for the psn the walking dead, and then buy the retail version and get another plat, the site won't detect me as a cheater will it? just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Amato View Post
        If I get a platnium for the psn the walking dead, and then buy the retail version and get another plat, the site won't detect me as a cheater will it? just wondering.
        We have exceptions for games like this that can share save game data legitimately. Of course, I personally don't like that this is allowed, but we do not flag this as cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by skippycue View Post
          Indeed he will be flagged. It's always good to leave an email when you report cheaters so I can respond. I'm currently reworking my backend for flagging cheaters, so there is a bit of a delay. You can be assured he will be flagged though. If you feel ignored when you submit things, please contact me with an email so I can respond. I always write back.
          i will do , thanks !

Comment

Skippy, you said you should flag someone for having trophies with no earned date.

In my opinion, i don't think it should count as flagged, because trophies earned before you have a ps3 account have a invalid time date. Maybe what you shoulda thought of instead is that if a person with a ps3 account has a invalid time sync while having a account, that person should be count as a cheater. Like, hackers are most of the problems these days online. Sometimes if your playing gta4 online, some people getting shot at don't lose any health or die. Like, it's not fair... How would they like if i started hacking into a game, and activated a hack that don't let me die myself. They wouldn't like it if someone else is hacking like that, would they?

I think hackers just hack games because they suck at video games in general. Like, i bet i can beat them in a online non-hacking match without even trying.
            Hey folks, wanna see which of my which games I've platinumed? Well then, click here: http://psntrophyleaders.com/forums/f...um-trophy-hunt

Comment

Originally posted by Mentornitar View Post
              Skippy, you said you should flag someone for having trophies with no earned date.

In my opinion, i don't think it should count as flagged, because trophies earned before you have a ps3 account have a invalid time date. Maybe what you shoulda thought of instead is that if a person with a ps3 account has a invalid time sync while having a account, that person should be count as a cheater.
              If you look at the first post of this thread, you will see specifically that Invalid Time Syncs are NOT flagged as cheating... Where did I indicate they are flagged?

Comment

You said you were thinking of adding them as flagged.

But like my opinion said, that's not considered cheating.
                Hey folks, wanna see which of my which games I've platinumed? Well then, click here: http://psntrophyleaders.com/forums/f...um-trophy-hunt

Comment

Originally posted by Mentornitar View Post
                  You said you were thinking of adding them as flagged.

But like my opinion said, that's not considered cheating.
                  I think you must've misunderstood something I said. I have no intention or thoughts of flagging games with invalid time syncs. I know there are legitimate situations that lead to this.

Comment

I was just curious as to people's thoughts about the new influx of cheaters with their new methods . It seems they dont even have to be in possession of the game to download the trophies , they can choose which timestamps to put on the trophies to make it virtually impossible to detect . And judging by latest entries on the leaderboards ( i know they are flagged here) they can download more than 40 platinums in one day .

I saw one guys profile , he got his 1st ever trophy in september just gone , and he is now i think level 57 . Over 200 plats

In fact , if they were a bit patient and did it bit by bit ( like some will ) , instead of 40 a day , would you be able to spot them ? Could this mean the end for trophy leaderboards ? Because if they were full of cheaters , a lot of people wouldn't see the point in them

Comment

@ liverpool12zzz- yes the recent influx seems ridiculous. I've noticed a few from checking my trophies & seeing new earners in very rare trophies & all of a sudden new 100%s in games that only have a few users with completion. You bring up a very good question about leaderboards. Hopefully the brass at all the trophy sites & SONY themselves figure out a way to deal with this......

Comment

Originally posted by liverpool12zzz View Post
                        I was just curious as to people's thoughts about the new influx of cheaters with their new methods . It seems they dont even have to be in possession of the game to download the trophies , they can choose which timestamps to put on the trophies to make it virtually impossible to detect . And judging by latest entries on the leaderboards ( i know they are flagged here) they can download more than 40 platinums in one day .

I saw one guys profile , he got his 1st ever trophy in september just gone , and he is now i think level 57 . Over 200 plats

In fact , if they were a bit patient and did it bit by bit ( like some will ) , instead of 40 a day , would you be able to spot them ? Could this mean the end for trophy leaderboards ? Because if they were full of cheaters , a lot of people wouldn't see the point in them
                        I don't think a hacker could maintain legit looking timestamps on many games without slipping up somewhere. If someone did, they must be pretty damn sly and smart with things.

Comment

Well the ones I've caught actualy stamped theirs out over diffrnt time periods & games but then either slipped up & got lazy or didn't realize they ran off all the plats at the same time! Lol.....

But seriously if this keeps up, not only will leaderboards be pretty useless, but who's gonna want to earn these super hard ass trophies legitimately when a bunch of people hack em with a push of a button? Trophies might become useless & irrelevant too if SONY doesn't start banning these trophy hackers!

Comment

Originally posted by TheManUtdFan View Post
                            I don't think a hacker could maintain legit looking timestamps on many games without slipping up somewhere. If someone did, they must be pretty damn sly and smart with things.
                            Doesn't mean it'll be easy to detect. It's already getting more difficult... SONY needs to put an end to this or trophies will become meaningless very soon!

Comment

I'll probably sound like I'm enabling them by shrugging it off, but trophies have always been worthless. They aren't redeemable for prizes or PSN discounts or anything (Sony did toy with that idea a few years ago but scrapped it -- also the reward system was only based on how many games you have, not trophies).

I've also never heard of anyone high up on the leaderboard (that includes the adjusted/completist/rare boards here) getting any fame for their position... at least beyond the little Facebook fandoms Hakoom and others have. But come on. Most trophy hunters have never looked up to him, most gamers have never heard of him and all the people in the world who don't game will never care about him.

They can cheat all they want, it won't ruin trophies for me. They're just a way for me to track my own game completion.

Also I think the reason Sony hasn't banned anyone is because they might not be able to tell who is on a modded PS3. The original custom firmware (CFW) let people get online (I think) but Sony cracked down on it, then for a while nobody could get online with any CFW because it either didn't work or they'd immediately get banned or have their PS3 bricked or just get rejected during login (not sure). I guess now they can get online with CFW without detection.

Anyway... whether Sony can tell who's on a modded PS3 or not, it's clearly not a priority because there's no trophy reward system to take advantage of. Until they add some kind of reward system (and I doubt they ever will), they will probably never crack down on trophy cheaters.
                              Last edited by chompison; 01-30-2013, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Trophies are bragging rights for most of us, and it's upsetting to see people claim to earn trophies that you worked really hard to earn legit. Something that makes you feel awesome about yourself can not be called worthless.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                <
                                Contact Us
                                x