Follow PSN Trophy Leaders  Twitter  Facebook
Like what you see? Why not 
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Games Considered Art?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Games Considered Art?

I strongly believe games are art, but there are the few who do not think so.
    So what do you think?
    Yes
    100.00%
    No
    0%
    Depends
    0%

Backloggery

Re: Are Games Considered Art?

Games are definitely a form of art. I'd say creating anything is an art form. Game design involves all sorts of creativity both technically and visually.

Comment

i agree that they are art.
      PS3/PS4/Vita: GrimReaper4383 360/XB1: CMaggotbone

Comment

Plenty of art goes into the making of games (concept art, environments, sprites, 3D models, textures, music, writing, story telling, voice acting, scene building, special effects, game mechanics, programming code, etc), but I don't think that suddenly makes all games art across the board.

An artist has to create images for stamps or designs for coins, but once you're talking about a handful of change or a letter in a mailbox, it's not really art anymore. Coin and stamp collects might disagree, but even they will find themselves indiscriminately rummaging around for exact change or enough postage to mail something.

In a nutshell, games contain art and that's good enough for me.

Comment

I believe so, lots of games have stunning graphics which must have taken hundreds of hours to perfect, so it my opinion they are full of art.

Comment

Working...
          X
          <
          Contact Us
          x