Follow PSN Trophy Leaders  Twitter Google+ Facebook
Like what you see? Why not 
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSNTL Monthly Rarity Leaderboards - Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSNTL Monthly Rarity Leaderboards - Discussion

Hey everyone, I'm making this topic for any general discussions regarding the monthly rarity tourneys I'll be hosting every new coming month

The rules are simple:

- You will be ranked by your amount of PSNTL rarity points you obtain in the respective months.
    - No inaccurate data users are allowed.

No other restrictions. Just enjoy the monthly breakdown of the rarity points

Feel free to comment or discuss what you're planning to play, what comments you might have etc. Anything related to the tourneys are welcome.

Tournaments history:

SugarIsTheDevil is 2015 September's tournament winner!
    http://psntrophyleaders.com/event/view/90
    Zongorillacska is 2015 October's tournament winner!
    http://psntrophyleaders.com/event/view/98

SugarIsTheDevil is 2015 November's tournament winner, again!
    http://psntrophyleaders.com/event/view/101

Ongoing:

December's tournament:
    http://psntrophyleaders.com/event/view/103

Upcoming:

2016 January's tournament:
    http://psntrophyleaders.com/event/view/104

Happy rare trophy hunting!
    Last edited by Zongorillacska; 12-01-2015, 12:32 AM.

One thing worth mentioning is that the leaderboards are calculated on the fly. Thismeans that they will be accurate a few days after the tournament ends. After that, there is no guarantee as rarity is fluid and can/will change.

Comment

Yeah, that's actually connected to something I wanted to ask, will the tournaments always be visible after they end too? And if they will, will the "run maximum of 5 tournaments at once" limit decrease by 1 when a tournament ends?

Comment

• jt75
        jt75 commented
        Editing a comment
        We should have some sort of tournament archive so everyone can view past/expired events.

• skippycue
        skippycue commented
        Editing a comment
        Completed tournaments should still be visible. If they are not then that is a bug.

• MaverickXS
        MaverickXS commented
        Editing a comment
        Completed tournaments do not count towards your total active count.

I love these tournaments against the best of the top trophy hunters, hehe!
      Really enjoying actually having a goal while going for trophies!

Comment

Had fun trying to win the rarity trophy tournament in September. Let's see if I can snatch the victory in October ; ) .

Comment

• Jeanmi96
          Jeanmi96 commented
          Editing a comment
          Of course you will with the Pinball Arcade next in line : P

Haha yeah. It's more like a "who can get the most pinball trophies in October competition". Not really fair I know. But I like pinball And want to take away that first place of Beliskner on the rarity leader board , although he's still quite some points ahead.

Comment

• Zongorillacska
          Zongorillacska commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll try to give you a competition this month with my prestige games

Wow I'm already on 2nd place. Not really trophy whoring for this tournament, just trying to get 100% on Driveclub Have also calculated what trophies I need so that my level up-trophy to level 15 is the Driveclub platinum

Comment

How do I sign up?

Comment

You just click on the tournament you like and then you have to select "Register" on the right hand side . Here is the link:
            http://psntrophyleaders.com/event/view/98
            Last edited by Jeanmi96; 10-11-2015, 12:02 PM.

Comment

The Prestige tournament should be re-named to Big boys Pinball club
              *starts playing Marvel Pinball*

Comment

• Zongorillacska
                Zongorillacska commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm #1 this month so far and I haven't gotten a single pinball trophy

Something weird now that you mention it...my last 3 prestige trophies earned in ZP2 are not being counted in either the monthly rarity tourney nor the prestige tourney.

Comment

Yeah I noticed this, which I think is fair. People who earned the most recent Rocket League DLC trophies weren't getting any points either, I think skippy might have set a specific time for new games/DLCs to be eligible towards rarity based tournaments? I know I would have, because otherwise it would be unfair. More obscure/any slightly hard trophies at release obviously stay prestige or at least UR for a long time, so they shouldn't count. I'm not sure if it was set up like that or it's a bug, but I prefer that to be happening.

Comment

• MaverickXS
                  MaverickXS commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm pretty sure that if it's a new game/DLC, it gets skipped. I can look in the code later and verify this.

• Zongorillacska
                  Zongorillacska commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's good. Keep it that way

• jt75
                  jt75 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah thats fair. Not sure how long its set to hold back but I'm sure its reasonable.

November's tournament started, December's tournament open for sign ups!

And the congratulations for winning October's tourney goes to... me

Comment

• jt75
                  jt75 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Are we sure they change after tournaments are completed? i would think the standings and points are locked once its done. It shouldn't adjust after it closes, no matter what the values do afterwards.

• Jeanmi96
                  Jeanmi96 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well I hope not. I agree that DLC trophies shouldn't count right away, but they should after like a month, otherwise the person would just lose the rarity points (and some Pinball DLC's or for example the BF Hardline DLC's deserve to be Prestige). Also people could lose points by not synching trophies in time, alhough they were earned during the tournament.

The best solution: Newly released games should count after 1-1,5months, in order to prevent the loss of rarity points (as described above). The points should also adjust when the rarity of something drops or improves. A rarity tournament just CAN NOT be as precise as a mere trophy tournament, since rarity is a pretty "unstable" thing. People will have to live with that, because it would not work if we just exclude all new DLC trophies from every tournament, they have to count at some point.

As an example: If I were to earn all four 10.000 kills trophies in BF Hardline, 3 weeks after the release, I'd be pretty pissed if they wouldn't count towards the tournament. It's understandable that they won't count right away to prevent the abuse of those "fake prestige trophies", but they have to after a month or so, otherwise I'd just completely lose the 40.000 points (and they WILL definitely remain prestige).

I know they "winner" of a tournament won't be happy about that, but it's the only accuarte way of calculating it.
                  Last edited by Jeanmi96; 11-03-2015, 03:51 PM.

• Zongorillacska
                  Zongorillacska commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You must be very fun at parties...

Of course normally I agree that accuracy is important, but what the hell is the point of such exact accuracy in this case? A tournament gets finished, someone wins, people look at it for a few days then forget about it... then the ranks get changed months later because of new trophies turning a bit older? What's the point? It just confuses people and screws the one who was winner at the actual time of the tournament, not months later... It's not like this data is going to be used for anything else than showing off/bragging rights, so it shouldn't be taken so seriously lol. Just lock it at the ending time of the tournament. All the PST LBs that have monthly LBs also do it like that, no late submissions. Whatever was submitted (in PSNTL's case, earned) during the month is what counts.

And it has nothing to do with that I won the current one, I would say the same if someone else won. It just doesn't make sense why there should be an adjusted new winner months later when everyone already forgot about the tourney, and just confuse people who stumble upon the rankings later.
                  Last edited by Zongorillacska; 11-09-2015, 08:09 AM.

Congrats Zongo very impressive run there. But i think its time i brought the heat

Comment

• Zongorillacska
                  Zongorillacska commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks. Do you have anything planned this month? I wanted to finish Retro/Grade in October yet but that pushes to November now. Then I'm planning to do Giana Sisters and maybe try some Marvel Pinball trophies... but yeah not sure about those lolol

• jt75
                  jt75 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not really. Ill make some wizard runs in the pinball games of course, and im going to start my S rank run & dlc for Stealth Inc finally. Im not looking to start anything new that wil take me some time just yet, id like to tighten up what ive got hanging on my list first.

• Zongorillacska
                  Zongorillacska commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Some of the later S ranks in the core game and the first DLC were quite annoying, but mainly because they required so much memorization and repetition over actual skill. The 2nd DLC was pretty easy imo. And good luck with the pinballs. c:

Is there any way to edit the description of tournaments after having players joined? I made a mistake in the Dec tournament and wrote "how many rarity points you can get in the month of November" lol

Comment

Working...
                X
                <
                Contact Us
                x